When deciding where to move, you’re sure to have many places on your list and many reasons why you’ve chosen them. As a homebuilder with years of experience building homes with superior design, functionality, and comfort, Sego Homes knows where some of the best places are to relocate. That’s why we highly recommend adding Farmington, Utah to your list of choices.
Whether you’re looking for an abundance of outdoor living, a good place to raise a family, or a place with abundant resources, Farmington has it all and more! Here are 5 reasons you should consider moving to Farmington, UT, a wonderful community to call home if you decide it’s the right city for you.
Plenty of Reasons to Love Living in This Desirable Location
Farmington, Utah is a small city in the northern part of the state. It is considered one of the most desirable places to live in Utah due to its safe neighborhoods and recreational opportunities. Here are just a few reasons why you’ll love living in Farmington, Utah:
- The Natural Beauty is Unbeatable. One of the most notable things about Farmington is its natural beauty. The city is surrounded by the dramatic Wasatch Mountain Range, which provides a picturesque backdrop for residents and a playground for outdoor enthusiasts. The mountains are perfect for hiking, mountain biking, and skiing. There are also several reservoirs and lakes in the area, including the Great Salt Lake, the largest saltwater lake in the Western Hemisphere. There are plenty of opportunities for fishing, boating, and other water activities. Love bird watching? 10 million birds visit the lake annually as an essential stopover and breeding ground.
- A Top-Rated School District. Farmington is known for its excellent schools, among the best in Utah. The Davis School District, with 95 schools and 72,082 students, consistently ranks high in statewide rankings, and the district is known for its high graduation rates and academic achievement. Davis School District provides an innovative, relevant, well-rounded education for each student while promoting a healthy, respectful, and collaborative culture. There are also several private schools in the area, providing families with a range of educational options.
- One Word: Community. Farmington is known for being friendly and welcoming. (When asked, residents use words like “kind”, “caring”, and “quaint” to describe it!) The city is known for its small-town feel, and residents take pride in their hard working ethos as well as their penchant for getting involved in activities. The city’s residents value its history. In fact, there are several annual events and festivals, including the Heritage Festival, which celebrates the city’s pioneer heritage, and the Summerfest, which features live music, food vendors, and other entertainment.
- A Stable & Solid Job Market. The city of Farmington has an unemployment rate of 2.5%, considerably lower than the US average of 6.0%. Its job market is healthy and growing, as are income levels. In terms of employers, Farmington is home to several large corporations, including Lagoon Amusement Park, a major local employer. There are also numerous retail and service jobs available, as well as opportunities for healthcare and education professionals. As of 2019, almost one-fourth of all jobs in Davis County were in government, with Hill Air Force Base making up the majority. (Over 20,000 people work at Hill AFB, including military, civil service, and private contractors.) Other top jobs in Davis County are in the Trade, Transportation, & Utilities fields.
- A Fantastic Location. With a vibrant and scenic setting, Farmington has something for everyone. From camping to culture, there’s always something going on. Its location is ideal for those who enjoy outdoor recreation. The city is close to several world-renowned ski resorts, including Snowbird, Alta, and Park City. The nearby mountains also provide ample opportunities for hiking, mountain biking, and other outdoor sports. Additionally, the city is just a short drive from the Great Salt Lake, which is a popular destination for boating and other water activities. Whether you’re looking for adventure or relaxation, Farmington has it.
Check Out These Homes for Sale in Farmington, UT!
Our Station Park community is a great place to find homes for sale in Farmington, Utah. We are excited about our new community featuring our award-winning Sky Terrace townhomes. Built with the Sego quality that we are known for, these beautiful modern townhomes have large picture windows and indoor/outdoor spaces that allow you to take advantage of the mountain and valley views. This unique Sego community is just minutes from downtown Farmington and I-15.
There are 5 different floor plans to choose from with 2 or 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, and 1,370 to over 2,600 square feet of living space. You and your family can enjoy plenty of opportunities for quality time and indoor/outdoor living with the spacious, open designs, private bedrooms, flex rooms, sky rooms, and roof decks. Each floor plan offers its own unique layout with options to best suit your family’s wants and needs. There’s bound to be one that’s perfect for you to call home.
Connect with Sego Homes Today!
This is your opportunity to take advantage of the high quality of life of Farmington in our Station Park community. At Sego Homes, we’re committed to delivering the highest standards in each of our new homes. If you’re considering a move to this amazing area, consider us your go-to builder. Learn more about Station Park and our other communities on our website. If you have any questions or want more information about homes for sale in Farmington, UT, contact our Online Sales Counselor!